Wednesday, July 28, 2010

500 Giannini TV

Isn't she cute? Yesterday I was so lucky to meet the owner and to be able to take a couple of photo. The 500 Giannini TV came out from 500 Fiat (Fabbrica Italiana Automobili Torino). 500 has been probably the most popular and amusing and... cosy city car ever known. Giannini worked on the engine increasing the power... Keep an eye on values ;-) From 25HP to 29HP !!!!!! --- Tomorrow the back view and more news :-)

Non è deliziosa? Ieri son stato fortunato, ho incontrato il proprietario e ho potuto scattarle un paio di foto. La 500 Giannini TV è una derivazione dalla Fiat 500. La 500 è stata, con ogni probabilità, la più popolare e divertente e... intima utilitaria mai conosciuta. Giannini lavorò sul motore aumentandone la potenza... Occhio ai valori in gioco ;-) Da 25HP a 29HP !!!!!! --- Domani vista da dietro e maggiori notizie al riguardo :-)
Posted by Picasa

7 comments:

thomai said...

Love it! You are so lucky!

Gunn said...

I love these Fiat 500 (L?) cars.Or Fiat -Bambino as I call them. The new models are very popular in Norway.

B SQUARED said...

I don't think I could get in or out of that car.

hanna said...

This car's adorable; the color's fun too. I'd love to zip around town in that little thing.

Fabrizio Zanelli said...

@Thomai, thank you very much about your visit. Unfortunately even if I had two in past, this one is not mine :-(

@Gunn, this one, originally, wasn't "L" as it should seem. I know it was also called "bambino" or "bambina" (boy / girl) and I understood the reason... It's so cute :-) --- Yes it seems that the new 500 is even most popular abroad than in Italy. At the end of the year they will start to sell the new one in USA too. I am curious to see if American people will like it.

B SQUARED, let me say you're wrong. On this car whole families travelled up and down of Italy in 60 years. Someone travelled to China and back and I can assure that tall men weren't discouraged by its dimensions :-)

@ann, you're right. It's adorable. I "zipped" around with it for long time in my teen age and I spent the best time of my life travelling without any comfort but just being eighteen............

Dina said...

I see you have lots of pleasant memories with this little car model.
It IS cute.
The world would be better if all drivers had such a small car.

I posted some small old cars yesterday; unfortunately they are now just shells, having been burned by the forest fire.

Stefan Jansson said...

Very cute indeed.