Monday, October 8, 2007

from Umberto I bridge to the hill


Back !!!! --- First of all thank you very much about all your comments to wish me Happy Holidays that in fact I had. I took some photo too and I will publish some of them (weekly) on my other photoblog: ikol22.com (if anyone could be interested). Along the week I'll be back on your DP blogs too :-)) ---

This photo has been taken in a middle August evening (when sky doesn't become dark too quick in the evening) from the Umberto I bridge (corso Vittorio Emanuele II). The bridge has two statues each side that represent: Worth, Compassion, Art and Work (made by Giovanni Reduzzi). This one it seems to represent: Worth (I hope). In the background the hill and Monte dei Cappuccini.

Questa immagine è stata scattata una sera di metà Agosto (quando il cielo tarda a diventar scuro) dal ponte Umberto I (corso Vittorio Emanuele II). Il ponte consta di due statue ad ogni ingresso che rappresentano: Valore, Pietà, Arte e Industria (ad opera di Giovanni Reduzzi). Questa sembra voler rappresentare il Valore (almeno spero). Sullo sfondo la collina e il Monte dei Cappuccini.
Posted by Picasa

15 comments:

Janet said...

Perfect lighting and a beautiful statue

isa said...

Welcome back, Fabrizio! We missed you...Hope you enjoyed your vacation!

This photo was Worth the wait ;-)

b.c. said...

welcome back Fabrizio! That is such a gorgeous photo, I love the light on the statue--looking forward to the holiday photos as well

Clueless in Boston said...

Beautiful picture. Missed your posts, glad to have you back.

Kate said...

Ah, you're back. Wonderful! I envy you the time you had to vacation!

pusa said...

welcome back! cant wait to see your vacation photos. :)

Nikon said...

Good to have you back - I hope that you had a good time!
I love the lighting on this photo, it really has "separation."

Sally said...

Glad you had a great holiday. The colour of the night sky here is magnigico!

JM Vigil said...

Very stunning with the blue background. Good to have you back.

sonia a. mascaro said...

Welcome back Fabrizio! I will go to see your photos, very soon!

Have a nice week ahead!

Jilly said...

Welcome back, Fabrizio! You were missed. Look forward to catching up with Torino all over again.

Anonymous said...

What a great shot!! The light was absolutely perfect.

teeth bleaching

TORUŃ DAILY PHOTO said...

Italian monuments, Italian night sky, Italian architecture...what more could you want!!! Wonderful! Greetings from TORUŃ DAILY PHOTO here in Poland!

Fabrizio Zanelli said...

Well I have no enough and good words to thank each one of you.

I'm confused and touched... Thank you very much indeed

Fénix - Bostonscapes said...

Hey Fabrizio! Welcome back! I missed your wonderful photos. That vacation must've been great. :)