Friday, April 13, 2007

I Corsi - Corso Vinzaglio


What's "Corso"? Eric in Paris should call it "Boulevard" or Ming the Merciless in New York should call it "Avenue" ... Ok in Italy we call these kind of main roads "Corso". In Torino there are lot of them and they cross the city in length and in width. This one is called Corso Vinzaglio.

Che cos'è il "Corso"? Eric a Parigi lo chiamerebbe "Boulevard" o Ming the Merciless in New York lo chiamerebbe "Avenue"... Ik in Italia chiamiamo questo genere di strade principali: "Corso". In Torino ve n'è diversi ed essi attraversano la città in lunghezza e in larghezza. Questo, qui raffigurato è Corso Vinzaglio.
Posted by Picasa

11 comments:

Annie said...

That's a wonderful bit of information, Fabrizio. I am glad to know the word "corso" and will use it.

Marie McC said...

Che corso bellisima!

magiceye said...

lovely perspective...

in india we call it 'marg'

Shammickite said...

Of "corso'! I should have known that!

Kate said...

Si, su corso es muy bonito! Thanks for the education! In USA we too call it a boulevard.

angela said...

And we have some corsos in Nice too. That's what I call globalisation.
I like the soft sheen on the paving stones. Well captured.
Angela

Nikon said...

Lovely shot - the sheen of the stones as Angela mentions, & the nice soft green of the spring trees.

Fabrizio Zanelli said...

I'm happy Annie if my information has been useful.

Magiceye, thank you, now I know just a bit more of your so interesting country.

Kate, I know that (Sunset Boulevard) but honestly I was thinking you actually prefer to use "avenue". Please, may you tell me the difference between "boulevard" and "avenue"?

Angela and Nikon, paving stone concern another street (not "corso" but "via") because corso Vinzaglio start from a T junction. I'll take it next days.

Thank you to everyone and a special Grazie to Matilde :-)

Meg said...

And it looks so absollutely spring/summery!

Ming the Merciless said...

I learned a new Italian word today. And it's not even a dirty word. :-)

My Italian is limited to musical terms like pianosimmo, forte, allegra, andante.

Thanks for the mention in your blog.

kuanyin333 said...

Kuanyin in Maui would all it a road!