Sunday, June 20, 2010

Cappella dei Mercanti

Chapel of Merchants is quite hidden. It's possible to get in from SS Martiri's Church in via Garibaldi, 25. Built in the end of 1600 (1692) by Bernardo Antonio Vittone and Filippo Castelli it's rich of decorations and paintings (mostly by Andrea Pozzo). It definitely deserves a visit.

La Cappella dei Mercanti è quasi nascosta. Si accede dalla Chiesa dei SS Martiri in via Garibaldi, 25. Costruita alla fine del '600 (1692) su progetto degli architetti Bernardo Antonio Vittone and Filippo Castelli è ricca di decorazioni e tele (in massima parte di Andrea Pozzo). Merita davvero una visita.
Posted by Picasa

9 comments:

SFBakstad said...

My goodness, that's gorgeous!

Dina said...

Wow.
I'll put it on my wish list of places to see some day.

Allan Robert P. J. said...

Veramente molto bella!

Chuck Pefley said...

This reminds me of the Piccolomini Library at the Duomo in Siena. Lovely!!

T. Becque said...

That's really beautiful.

ann p. said...

How beautiful, and what a great photo. The colors of the ceiling are magnificent. I will certainly visit when I make it to Torino, which I hope is sooner than later!

Fabrizio Zanelli said...

Thank you very much. I'm happy to read the most of you put it in the list about what deserves to be visited in Torino. In case, don't hesitate to eamil me asking for a detailed trip in tne city :-) I'll be happy to help you.

Anonymous said...

E' davvero bellissima! E malgrado conosca piuttosto bene Torino, non ne avevo mai sentito parlare... Si può sempre visitare quando la chiesa è aperta? La prossima volta che verrò a Torino non me la lascerò sfuggire!
Grazie per le splendide foto che ci regali sempre.

MattGhm

Dina said...

It is still only a dream. But the more I see from you Italian bloggers, the stronger my dream becomes, to visit Italy.